Business Development Manager
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the key purpose of the role will be to identify and convert new business opportunities across a variety of sectors that Leach operate within. The day to day responsibilities will be focused as securing profitable work for the business with long term customers and promoting the quality of the work Leach delivers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Initiating relationships with new customers, focusing on varying scales of opportunity;
- Managing customer accounts ensuring continuous growth;
- Utilising various communication channels to approach new customers including social media, networking and cold-calling;
- Highlighting key areas of growth;
- Providing excellent after-sales care to encourage repeat business;
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Key control and responsibility to deliver high value for the customer while ensuring work is commercially profitable for the business;
- Have focused and varied experience of technical knowledge relating to large format printing, signage fabrication, set works (metalwork and joinery) along with a broad depth of wider “fringe knowledge” of related process;
- Manage small to medium size projects when critical for business success;
- Attend site meetings, customer meetings, site surveys, installs and sign off meetings when required;
- Support the BDD with strategies and propositions to assist with the direction of the business.
The successful candidate should have:
- Proven track record of winning new large format business in a Business Development Manager role (or similar);
- Diverse sector experience;
- Experience of working towards and achieving sales targets and KPIs;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills;
- Proven track record or developing and mentoring teams, ideally junior sales teams;
- Ability to bring value for the customer with ideas out of the norm, along with value engineering product through the business;
- Experience of managing projects through the business and to completion;
- The flexibility and ability to work on the road, on site and in the office.
- A solid ability to make the right commercial decision. Be able to analyse costs and pricing quickly to ensure all jobs have commercial/value/business benefits.